Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Wilson, Dr. Dunlap, Dr. Moore, Dr. Friend or Dr. Cobb prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Ready for a better smile? We're here for you
At Greenville Oral Surgery Partners, our goal is to treat all our patients like family. With years of surgical experience and advanced training, our surgeons can handle all of your oral and maxillofacial surgical needs safely and efficiently.
Get to know us.
At Greenville Oral Surgery Partners, we know how to help you. Our board-certified surgeons and expert staff can provide the care you need to relieve the discomfort you feel.